In 2017 there were 864 deaths per 100K population
Heart and cancer deaths were each about 200 per 100k
Accidents 52 per 100K
Graph shows additional risk due to Covid:
- high is > 832. Basically risk of death is more than double normal.
- elevated > 208. Covid is highest cause of death.
- slightly elevated > 104. One of the highest causes of death
- > 52 is greater than accident. More risk than normal. Maybe think of level of risk on order of driving in unfamiliar place at night. It is a risk and because a little elevated, extra attention needed. Be alert and actively steer clear of the riskier situations and/or take appropriate protection measures.
- less than accident. Everyday risk. Maybe think of as driving, still needs attention and care to stay out harm's way.